- Find the right niche: This is the classic stumbling block for all ebook writers. You might be an expert in gardening, cooking or fashion. But stay away from niches that are already saturated with thousands of ebook writers. You’ll never make your money this way! If you do pick a common niche, make sure you have something really really different to say.
- Fulfill a need: An acid test for your ebook writing is to gauge whether it really fulfills an important need. For instance, ‘How to stand up to your boss – without getting fired’ might be a more important need than ‘How to plant daisies in spring’.
- Write a blog: Before you your ebook writing make sure you build a successful blog with a loyal band of followers. This will ensure higher chances of success with your ebook. If you don’t have time to write a blog regularly, get professional content writing services.
- Write the best ebook in your niche: Yes the word ‘best’ can be subjective. However, in the world of ebook writing, this would mostly translate as fulfilling a need, having a compelling title, giving step by step ‘how to’s ‘ and of course, written in the tone and vocabulary of your readers. Again, if you don’t have the time to do it yourself, there are many companies that offer content writing services, who can do this for you.
- Market yourself: Pull out all the stops when marketing your ebook. Make sure you do plenty of SEO, PPC and social media optimization to have your ebook noticed.
Follow these steps and there should be a deluge of money pouring into your bank!